A Heartfelt, Big Thank You!
- To our vendors who brought their great products and services along with their positive attitudes and sense of fun.
- To our sponsors, especially to KREX , THE PLANET, Eagle River Assoc., and RyanSawyer Marketing who got the word out via TV, radio, the website and social media.
- To KREX NEWS 5 on-air personalities Chief Meterologist Russ Pappas for live weather reports from Palisade: Ethan Noah and Jocelyn Stafford for presenting the Spelling Bee and Bee Costume Contest
- To our guest speakers, Breann of Mt. Garfield Greenhouse, Mona from Bookcliff Gardens, Dan Bean from the Insectary and Chef Chad from Wine Country Inn to giving us tips on how to boost our gardens to attract bee, how to use insects for good, not evil, and how to whip up delicious food with honey.
- To our Worker Bees: Michelle for wrangling vendor booths, Dixie for food demo and lining up speakers, Jim for outstanding photos, Kay for hosting a great reception, to Bridgett and Ruby for manning the Info booth, to James for the wonderful Meadery honey wines, Julia and Ellen for becoming bees for the day, the volunteers who read and entertained kids in Kendra's Hive, Molly and the Western Colorado Beekeepers for educating visitors, Palisade High Schoolers who helped with Costume Contest and Spelling Bee, Chris and David from WCI who did the heavy lifting, helping vendors.
- To our outstanding, ever-present Master of Ceremonies for Ron Koss keeping us on track.
- To Thomasina Russell and Terry Flanagan of "From the Top" who entertained us with original music.
- To Troy and his staff at the Town of Palisade who coordinated logistics for our event.
- To the Chamber of Commerce for publicity, clerical, manpower support.
- To the citizens of the Grand Valley, who always show up and celebrate agriculture and honeybees with us.
You made this Honeybee Festival the most successful one ever. We are Beeholden to you all.
The Organizing Committee
Palisade International Honeybee Festival
"A grassroots, volunteer educational committee."